Just the Facts

My photo
I'm a Chronologically-challenged Optimistic Procrastinator with some extra chunk, indescribable hair and blue-greener eyes re-entering into the interesting worlds of College and Caffeine and Self-induced mania. I day dream about Zombies cause sometimes an Apocalypse is less scary than Real Life. I'm a hustler baby and I'm making it all up and I alternately kiss ass and rub it to make my living. BUT Life is still good cause my mom thinks I'm special and people like me; they really like me!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

In the Upcoming Apocalypse, we'll need Child Slaves..

So. In preparation, I kidnapped my friend, Jenna's child, Augmo and inducted her into slavery. I think I did it wrong.

The proposition: 
Me: Hey Augmo? Care to come over to my house and slave for me?

Her: How's that work, exactly?

Me: We will rearrange and alphabetize my bookshelves and instead of paying you a wage, I will give you a meal and a movie. Fair? (Little did she know that I have six bookshelves! Bwahaha!)

Her: Sure. I like organizing books. (Or something like that, anyway. I can't be expected to remember everything.)

This sounds flawless right? So, maybe it wasn't slavery per se, since I was offering compensation.

The actual execution: Not as flawless.

I acquired the child on Saturday night. We watched Monsters Inc. then went to sleep. Apparently at some point, I opened my eyes and chirped, "Hello boggle!" and went back to sleep. I do that sort of thing, but can't shouldn't be held responsible.

She woke sometime around dawn thirty and bumbled around, kinda waking me up but being as quiet as a young girl can. I woke at 8:30 and took a shower to start the resurrection process. Then I carted her down the street to BC/DC, a local eatery that serves Bacon Waffles and other haute cuisine. After breaking our fast, we returned to the house with a small stop for shopping shenanigans.

Once re-ensconced within my residence, I printed out my list of hardback books. I have about....5 lists categorizing the different sorts of books that I have: hardback, paperback, art book, comic and occult. Thereupon, I proceeded to take them all off the shelves - by myself- and alphabetize them - by myself

Periodically, I would ask her to move books away or bring them back, but for the most part, this was a solo expedition. We put on Howl's Moving Castle and she was entranced. At one point she did dust some of my shelves.

A break was called, as my friend Adriana, was going to meet me at my office to deliver my new swanky sign. She kept postponing, so I started the dishes and Augmo vacuumed. (This turned out to be the culmination of her efforts! And I really appreciated it, as I HATE the vacuum.)

FINALLY Adriana, did confirm that she would be showing up soon. So we vacated my apartment to go meet her. Some yard sale shenanigans interrupted our journey, but eventually we made it there and returned home.

The hardback books shelved and alphabetized, I turned towards the paperbacks and did these completely by myself. Augmo supervised me while she watched Kiki's Delivery Service.

Suddenly, it was time for the movie, Dolphin Tale. Yeah. No. For what it was, a kid's animal love movie, it was okay. For any movie that I'd care to watch, it was a long 112 minutes. Right after, Jenna and her hubby, Joe retrieved the kidlet and she wandered away with some gems, a stuffed animal, and about 6 new books.

All is now quiet on my Western front, once again.

Yep. I re-read this entry. I did it wrong. Stephen, my previous slave was much more slave-y. I'll have to work on my Child Slavery efforts in the future and put my best foot forward.

No more for now.

3 comments:

  1. Well, now you know what you need to improve on for the next experience. Bert is really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. micheal Wilcot is my name. Brothers and Sisters this is my story. I have been married for over 6 years and my wife was unable to have a child, the doctor says she have issues with her womb, so she undergo several treatments, but none worked for her. I was about going for adoption. But few years ago I meant with someone who introduced me to a herbal doctor by name doctor chukwu, she said the herbal doctor helped her friend with herbal medicine and her friend could conceive and have a child, so she advised us to try the herbal way. This is a thing I have never thought of in my life because I have never used any herbal medicine since I was given birth to. But we decided to key in and try the herbal doctor remedy. So I contacted him, his name is Doctor chukwu I told him that my wife was unable to conceive and bear a child. So he told me he have the herbs he will give to us, that we will take it according as directed so we agreed, we made necessary arrangement and he prepared the herbs for us and send it to us in my country USA, and we started to take it. I took it for some time, and he advised me on time to have sex with my wife so we continue and was doing according to his direction. Behold to cut the story short she took in, and she conceive and bear a child. Today I can boldly say we are happy. I could get a child with the help of Doctor chukwu herbs, and am very grateful to him, and to God. Please if you are out there and you are thinking of adopting a child just because the doctor said to you that you cannot have your own child, I want to say no, don’t adopt any child just contact doctor chukwu, and let him give you his herbal medicine that will open up your womb. And I assure you in no time you will have your own baby. His contact details are email (drchukwu22@gmail.com) and his phone number is (+2348154800222).

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE WELCOME YOU ALL TO DEVANSH HERBAL HEALTH CARE.
    We have Quality Rick Simpson Cannabis oil and all types of cancer cure, insomnia,fibroid,Diabetes,schizophrenia,back pain,we also have the herbs that reduces stress and other illness. We are selling our products at very negotiable and workable prices. Apart from our very magnificent prices, when you buy from us, you are assured of the highest quality and purity available in the market,and we are 100% sure of our product, with a guaranteed discreet courier shipping or a special 24 hours confidential overnight delivery of the product to your address. We respect and value your privacy and will dont share your information with anyone. We offer discreet and Reliable packaging and delivery. -Fast and reliable shipment within 24hours within the US and 48 hours internationally, using courier service. Call or Text::::: +1936-2283-155, Email: devanshherbalheathcare@gmail.com for more information

    ReplyDelete